COMING SPRING 2017!
YACHTING CUSTOMS AND COURTESIES, Fourth Edition
(978-0-9726068-7-5, 608 pages, full color, scripts, diagrams, index)
P/C Joseph A. Tringali, J.D.
This beautiful deluxe leather-bound volume contains the wonderful history, traditions, ceremonies, and legal framework of yacht clubs. Never before has anyone attempted to gather this information in one place.
Filled with beautiful pictures, diagrams, insignia, and scripts, YACHTING CUSTOMS AND COURTESIES is the guide to understanding the rich culture of yacht clubs.
- The history of yacht clubs and power squadrons
- What constitutes a club
- Information on meetings, leadership, and laws
- Proper yacht club attire for men and women
- Insignia and how to wear them
- Flags, burgees, and signal flags, and the right way to display them
- Public, Private, and Fun Ceremonies with sample scripts and diagrams
This slip-cased deluxe edition also includes:
TRINGALI’S CERTIFIED REGISTRY of YACHT CLUBS and POWER SQUADRONS
This information-stuffed book lists yacht clubs and power squadrons by state, alphabetically, along with their burgees (if available) in full color.
Not since the late-lamented Lloyds’ Registry of Yacht Clubs (last published in 1972) has anyone attempted to assemble a complete catalog of clubs and their burgees (in full color) in one volume!
Also included is a list of yacht club associations, and a chapter on the importance of burgees.
Both books: $300 + shipping and handling.